UPDATES AND ALERTS

* Grab your scrapbook quotes at the bottom of the page and sign my guestbook while you're down there!

* I have posted a gallery of layouts. If you made a layout with one of my kits post it there for the world to see!

I have learned so much from people giving away advice, help and encouragemnet as well as free scrapbook kits. I love giving back in honor of all of the generous people out there who have taught me so much. If you love using my free scrapbook creations and would like to make a donation in support of my blog and work, please follow this link below! Any donations are appreciated and welcomed. Any donor will get a special freebie designed as per your request! Thank you so much for visiting my blog as YOU make this all possible.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Tax Cut...on the dotted line

Today I heard some interesting news regarding Obama's tax plan. Have you been confused by all the tax talk? Who will get taxed? Who will see a tax cut? What taxes are we talking about?Apparantly, even the democratic party has no idea what income bracket is the cut off. We are all familliar with the "if you make less than $250,000 a year you will not see a tax increase" rhetoric. Well, this weekend in a speach Obama said it is $200,000. To make matters more confusing, Biden, in a speach yesterday, said that tax cuts should go to the middle class, people making less than $150,000 per year. They can't even get on the same page...how will they get the country on the same page?

Not to mention, all these tax cuts and extra spending...paid for by whom? I vote to keep what you earn, no matter if it's $25,000 a year or $2.5 million.


On the family front, I didn't want to confess this Mommy slip up so I have waited to blog about it. I did the dummest Mommy thing ever on Monday. I literally dumped my 1 year old son out of his stroller onto the floor. We were at the mall and we just left the plaground. He was tired so I just plopped him in his seat and took off through the mall. We were walking around a store and I forgot he wasn't strapped in and I lifted the back tires up to maneuver around some merchandise and "thump"...he was on the floor screaming. The aftermath? Me...a red face. Him...a little bump and a yellow bruise. Luckilly he didn't hit anything sharp and there was carpet to cushion the blow. This stuff only happens to me...I swear.
Update: He is fine.

1 comment:

KGould said...

My two cents as a non-american - I have very bad feelings about the current Democrats who may be in power after next week. But that is neither here nor there, just my opinion and gut feeling ;)

As for the mommy moment - OOPS I did the same thing. Well I didn't quite dump kevin out of the stroller but he was only a few months old and I caught him while he was half hanging out of the darn thing. I had stuck him in there fast while he was asleep after feeding, and then just drove away.. DUH! I went to tip the stroller to go up a step and he slid out. This was a stroller where baby faces you. Yeah, I felt really cool that day.

I also parked the stroller next to a community bulletin board once (with my daughter) and did not put the brakes on. I heard a car horn honk and I turned in time to see her stroller rolling backwards and heading for the road!!! Another 'winning mommy of the year' moment for sure. I have locked strollers constantly ever since!